Over the past few weeks all Hampton has talked about are monster trucks. They are the current happy meal toy (yes we eat at the golden arches from time to time). And while Sweetie was here taking care of all of us when we had the flu, she let him watch YouTube videos which opened a whole new realm of monster truck obsession. Some of our best friends were able to get several tickets to Monster Jam when it was in town, so Saturday night Ben took Hampton. Can you tell he was a bit excited!
Two boys thrilled to be there together. After Sweetie's visit, I asked Hampton if he would like to go to a monster truck rally. Of course he was pumped. Then I asked him who he would want him to go with him. Without hesitation he enthusiastically replied, "DADDY!!!" I wanted to go too (just to see his excitement), but I knew it would be a special time for them...and someone had to love on L and R :).
Hannah, Wes and Connor
DESTROYER
Ninja Turtle - Hampton's least favorite
Hampton's favorite monster truck was Gravedigger, who made a very short appearance before he broke his rear axle. We don't have any pictures of him, but
It was a late night and I was already asleep when they came in. He was WIRED and far tooexcited to tell me all about it to let me sleep. I was beyond excited to hear all about it. He showed me pictures, videos and told me every detail he could remember about their special night. It was so much fun to see the excitement in both Ben and Hampton after their boy's night. They are such a blessing to me!
Thank you Engrams for using your mad connections to bless my boys! We are thankful for your friendship!
I have videos to post, but blogger isn't letting me right now.
2 comments:
Wow...Hampton is getting sooo big! It just seems like yesterday that Hank and Charles were going to the Monster Jam. Charles's favorite was also The Gravedigger...it's been around a long time! Love love your photos and stories, I check every day hoping you've had a minute to yourself to write. Hugs to all!
Darling boy.....not "too big" to show his excitement. And remember it is a grandmother's job to introduce new and exciting worlds to their grandchildren!
Thanks Ben for being such a loving Dad to my grand babies!
More,
Sweetie
Post a Comment