Monday, October 16, 2006

Vegas Baby

It has been a while since my last post. Since then, Ben and I have been to Las Vegas. We made the difficult decision to leave Hampton here with my mom. I was a bit anxious about leaving him for 5 days, but it turned out to be beneficial. Ben and I enjoyed our time just the two of us. Ben had to go for work, so I decided to tag along. Our first 2 days there he didn't have to work, so we took in the sights. We walked a ton, had lunch at a cafe across from the Bellagio to watch the famous fountains, and rode the Manhattan Coaster at New York New York. I was amazed by the massive hotels, detailed architecture, and overwhelming amounts of people. I was surprised to hear that it is usually more crowded. One of my biggest accomplishments was walking a mile in four inch heels to meet Ben for a client dinner. I didn't have cash to pay for a cab, so I decided to buck up and bear the pain. Surprisingly, my feet felt pretty good until 6 hours later when we walked back to our hotel (you'll have to ask Ben why we didn't take a cab home...he did have cash). All in all, it was a great trip, but both of us were VERY ready to come home to Hampton!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had this time together. I have done that walking, as well, hot and crowded...but the unusual sights you see along the way (people and oh yes, the hotel etc) make the walk interesting!

G and P