It has been forever since my last post, and Hampton is growing and changing so fast. I've let myself down over the last month in my blogging efforts. Let's see...We went to TN for Thanksgiving. We had such a great time. Hampton did great. He slept and ate well, which is always a concern when we travel. He is sitting up like a champ and rarely looses his balance. Just after we returned from TN, he started rolling from his back to his tummy in his crib. Ben and I would put him to bed and then watch him intently on the monitor hoping to see him roll over. I wondered why he wouldn't roll during the day. We finally saw it and he was using the side for the crib to flip (he "walked" up the side until he could turn his hips). I think his strong desire to chase his binky led to the new trick. Now he is rolling at will and covering more ground than ever. He has started giving "kisses" which result in 2 really wet faces, yours and his. He is not crawling yet, but can get himself up on his hands and knees and rock. Hampton has developed a pretty strong attachment to Mommy, and is very aware when I leave him alone. On occasion he will cry as soon as I am out of sight and smile and even laugh when I come back...even when he's in Daddy's lap :( I feel bad for Ben, but I know it's only a matter of time before his whole world is DADDY...so I'm lapping it up right now. I am continually amazed at his content nature and sweet smile, which he is quick to flash at just about anyone. He is quickly learning how to pick up cheerios and actually put them in his mouth and loves his sippy cup...more as a chew toy than as a cup. He likes his highchair (thanks Campions) and will let me work while he plays in it, as long as I'm close enough to retrieve the frequently dropped toy. Like Ben said yesterday, "This is such a fun age!!!"
He is such a rich blessing to our lives!

The Trunk that Papa made for Hampton

Hampton with some of his sweet cousins

Eatin' some cheerios

6 MONTHS
I almost forgot...Hampton has his first ear infection :( He had a cold for over 2 weeks, so I finally took him to the doctor. I felt terrible when I found out that he had an ear infection. He never ran a fever and only pulled at his ear once or twice. Poor little thing. He is doing much better though...still sleeping until 9 or 10 for me. Mommy loves her sleep!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment