I truly can't believe that Hampton is already 9 months old. He is such a joy to our lives. He is crawling everywhere and is into anything he can get his hands on. He loves to play, but usually chooses to play with things that aren't really toys. He loves to bang on the window to get Sydney to come look at him. He gets so excited when he sees animals, and his favorite books are the ones where Mommy and Daddy make the noises that the animals make. He loves to hear the tiger roar :). We have taught him to give us a "linebacker" (head bump), but he can be a little moody about giving them freely. He is still so quick to smile even at most strangers. He definitely "flirts" with attractive people and sometimes cries when the "not-so-attractive" talk to him. We went to the doctor today for his 9 month exam. He loves the sweet nurse, but cried immediately when the doctor came in. Last time we were there, she had to dig in his ear to remove wax and he HATED it. I guess he remembered her. He is almost 29" tall and 19.5 pounds. That puts him in the 90th percentile in height and the 45th in weight. He still has a small head though...yipee. Most of his growth was UP in the last few months and all that crawling slimmed him down a bit. Overall he is pretty healthy, but we can't seem to get rid of the runny nose and cough which means yes...another ear infection. Poor kid, he's been sick since November. They put him on his 4th round of antibiotics and an antihistamine to help clear up the congestion and runny nose. She said that should also help prevent the ear infections. He is still a happy boy and seems to feel fine. He is a little stuffy in the mornings, but that usually goes away by midmorning. He is sleeping pretty well, and the past few mornings has played or slept until 8:30 or 8:45. Mommy loves that. I have started giving him meat, but he doesn't like it unless it's blended up with something else...no finger food protein. He loves to play with his sippy cup, but isn't too interested in drinking from it. He loves his push toy and is taking a few steps behind it. Poppy says he will be taking his first steps in the next month or so. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. He loves his daddy and gets so excited when he comes in the room. It warms my heart to see their bond and such an early age. Not all babies love their daddy's like Hampton does.
GG gave him this super cute outfit for Christmas. Thank you, GG!
Polly, Hank, Meg and Charles gave it to him for Christmas. Thank you Nobels.
This past weekend, we went to Abilene for Sing Song. My sweet friend Courtney and her husband Skye kept Hampton while Ben, Rosie, Kelly and I went to the show. It was so good to catch up with Courtney and a blessing to know that Hampton was with such a precious friend. I must say, Sing Song was much more fun to be in than to watch. The Kojies were a bit disappointing and the Moonies didn't even do the Galaxy Star...what happened to tradition ;)? We didn't get to spend much time with Johnny, Rosie or Kelly because they were in meetings most of the time. But it was fun to see them for a little bit!!! Hampton went to his first baseball game and watched the Wildcats dominate the Tigers.
My first ACU baseball game. GO CATS!!! Thank you Gran and Poppy for my Wildcats outfit.
I love my Gran and Poppy!!!
First trip to ACU
Yesterday, one of the little boys from our play group came over while his mom had a meeting. They played together so well! They really played TOGETHER...wherever one went, the other quickly followed. It was fun to hear them "talk" to each other. I am so thankful for the sweet girls in my play group. They have been a source of strength over the past 10 months.
Josh and Hampton "talking" to Sydney
What precious boys
Being Hampton's mommy is the greatest blessing. I am grateful that the Lord has trusted me with his precious life.
2 comments:
So many great pictures. He looks like a big boy in his ACU sweatshirt. He looks like he'll be running soon!
I can't believe he is 9 months old! I love you both.
Ben
Post a Comment