Sunday, July 22, 2007

San Antonio

This past week we visited family in San Antonio. My great aunt and uncle and 2nd cousins live there. Ben had a trade show, so we only paid for my flight and my food...not a bad vacation on a budget. We stayed on the Riverwalk and got to enjoy the area a little bit. We spent most of our time with Moppy and Jack either at their house, eating, or shopping for some shoes for Hampton...we forgot his. A man on the elevator asked where his shoes were and if he was a country boy who didn't need shoes. We won't forget shoes again.
I must admit, I was a little anxious about taking H to my aunt and uncle's house. They have lots and lots of pretty things that little hands cannot touch. I wasn't sure how H would handle hearing no all the time. He did awesome. I was so proud of how obedient he was. All I would say was "no touch" and he would move on to something else. Thank you Lord for your provision...again.
We celebrated Jack's birthday at Polly and Hank's house on Thursday night. Rob, Sara, Audrey, Sadie, Uncle Bob and Diane made the trip from Boerne. It was so much fun to see them. It has been years :(. Audrey and Sadie (Rob and Sara's girls) are PRECIOUS. They were so excited to meet Hampton and he loved them. Hampton was in the highchair (fit for a prince) and Sadie went in to see him and said, "Hampton, I'm back." He had a huge grin on his face when he saw her. They played very well with him and made sure he didn't touch any of the breakables (there were lots). Hampton found a broom and dust pan that he played with for at least an hour. He has a strange facination with long, skinny objects.
Thank you all for such a fun visit!

Moppy and Hampton (with a drum stick in his mouth)

Jack - Hampton - Moppy
Audrey - H - Sadie

Hampton's new buddies

Such precious girls

Hampton with his broom

This boy loves to clean!!!

Family Picture

Uncle Bob and Diane - The Rob Potter Family - The Noble Family - The Stites Family - Moppy and Jack

"Just my size"

"Now how do I get in this one?"

Never knew you could play a house with a drum stick?
Look at all the antique toys behind him!

Playing the piano

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hampton, you are growing so big and smart we love you a lot love the Dugans!

Anonymous said...

So glad Moppy and Jack got to be with you all. I know they loved seeing Hampton...the next generation of people they dearly love.

Blessings Johnny and Rosie