Our trip to Kansas City was great. Hampton and I left on a Tuesday to visit Jerry, Julee, Carolina and Olivia (my aunt, uncle and cousins). We had fun playing in the basement, watching the girls swim, swimming in the pool, trying to play with Grizz and just relaxing at the house. The most exciting event was Hampton's first tube ride and playing in the lake. He liked the tube, but tried to climb out into the water when we were going slow. He did much better when we went a little faster. Julee and the girls kept Hampton and sent me to get a pedicure. It was fun to go by myself. Thank you girls! Ben joined us on Thursday evening. We had a great dinner and a relaxing sunset on the dock. I was thankful for some awesome conversations with both Jerry and Julee. Carolina is such a little mommy. She loved Hampton and wanted to help in any way she could. Olivia enjoyed him, but enjoyed time away too...I totally understand.
So much fun with Carolina and Olivia
Ready for the lake
First tube ride
Mommy and Me
So cute in his life jacket
Climbing the ladder
Precious faces
After the lake
Hampton was so glad to see Daddy. They played hard and he was all smiles when Daddy was there. I am so thankful that he loves his daddy so much and that they have such a fun relationship. However, I wish he would be that excited to see me!
Oh the stairs...
Tackling Daddy
Olivia could really make him laugh.
Tough to get a group shot with a 14 month old who wants to swim
He loved the "bug catcher." He would look in from in the pool and then climb out to see it from the top.
poor kid...look at those dorky ear plugs
Oh Elizabeth
He carried around all the goggles he could find.
"Look what came out of that thing...this would make my tummy feel so sick"
He loved to look at the jeep and climb on the jeep, but was not a fan when it moved.
Sweet Cousins
We have had so much fun seeing lots of family this summer, but are thankful for some time to rest before labor day.
7 comments:
I love it E-beth! We are going to be so thankful you have documented Hampton's early years. I Love You!
Ben
Loved the update. You have no idea what a blessing your efforts to keep us informed means to us. We love, love, love seeing Hampton in all the activities of the summer. It really makes us feel that we haven't missed so much.
He is a precious, happy boy and we love seeing how the cousins took care of him and loved their youngest little boy cousin. Their smiles and sunburned faces are priceless. \\
Love. Gran and Poppy
It looks like Hampton is at such a fun age! I can't wait to go through all these stages with Cohen. Now, if he will just ever get here!!
hey, girlfriend, you're quite due for an update yourself.
Reading some blogs before I kill people on Halo. Ready to see you guys in a week or so!
David
Of course, I love Kelly's pictures ..... of one of my favorite subjects! But I really like the one of the cousins. Being able to see how the Shewmaker girls are growing is great! They are adorable and so sweet with Hampton and such a sweet pic. Love you more, Mom
We had so much fun seeing you guys in KC! Thanks for making the effort to come. It is always fun to be with you guys. Love, Kelly
Post a Comment