Monday, March 03, 2008

I am daily amazed at what a little sponge Hampton is. He says words that I haven't taught him, asks for things I didn't even know he could understand and has started to carry on 21 month old style conversations. For example, today H went to childcare a 24 hour fitness...a place he has never been, but gladly entered. I must admit, it did look fun with the new and exciting toys, big tv and great play equipment like a Chick-fil-a or McDonald's. The workers had to come get me about an hour into our workout because he "kept crying." When we went in he was crying at he base of the big play "thing" (I'm not sure what to call it). On the way to lunch we had the following conversation:

H - Cry...cry-een

Me - Cry? Did you cry at the play place?

H -uh huh! (shaking his head yes)

Me - Why did you cry at the gym?

H - Up, mease.

Me - Up?

H - Help... Mommy... mease

Me - Oh, did you need Mommy to help you climb up high in the play place?

H - Shakes his head with raised eye brows and kicks his feet with excitement.

What a bummer that the childcare people couldn't figure out that he was crying because he was frustrated that he couldn't climb up into the play "thing."

Man, I love that kid!!!





Here are some pics...just for fun!

Playing Hide-n-Seek

Wearing the cool shades Daddy brought him from one of his work trips!!!

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

He is TOO cute! What a blessing :)

Alison said...

Hi! I can't believe how grown up he is! He is too cute! We need to get our families together soon!

Sorefam said...

elizabeth--
just a quick request. could you remove our last name from your sidebar for our blog. I have tried to keep it off our blog just for privacy issues and i'd like to not have to make our blog private. you could just list it under my first name, if you don't mind! Thanks!
-Kris

Anonymous said...

I think childcare workers should have to take a course in 2yr. old speak!!! Of course, he IS an advanced 2 yr. old.

Really cute in his shades.

Love. Gran