Hampton has gotten in the bad habit of throwing everything...and I have gotten a bit lazy in disciplining. This morning he had to go to time-out for throwing Thomas, his train. Shortly after getting out of time-out the following conversation took place:
Mommy- "What did you just do?"
Hampton-"Fro my juice."
Mommy-"Didn't you just have to go to time-out for throwing Thomas? "
Hampton-"Uh huh"
Mommy-"Do you think you need to go back to time-out because you didn't learn your lesson?"
Hampton-"Uh huh", as he starts toward his room.
Mommy-"You should probably go get in your time-out chair. "
Hampton-"Okay", as he enters his dark room..."My not obey Mommy. My fro juice. Go time-out", as he climbs into his chair.
You would think he had learned, but he ended up in time-out for throwing at least 3 more times today.
Hampton-"Fro my juice."
Mommy-"Didn't you just have to go to time-out for throwing Thomas? "
Hampton-"Uh huh"
Mommy-"Do you think you need to go back to time-out because you didn't learn your lesson?"
Hampton-"Uh huh", as he starts toward his room.
Mommy-"You should probably go get in your time-out chair. "
Hampton-"Okay", as he enters his dark room..."My not obey Mommy. My fro juice. Go time-out", as he climbs into his chair.
You would think he had learned, but he ended up in time-out for throwing at least 3 more times today.
I LOVE this boy!!!
5 comments:
Time-out seems to be really effective! Go get 'em Hampster!!
Uncle Jonathan
Carsen is really into throwing EVERYTHING lately too - today she threw all of her toys out of this box and now she is having to pick up every single one.
that's what you get for teaching your kid phrases like "i'm tough" and "i'm a afthlete"... be careful what you wish for. my only question is, why haven't you tied his right arm behind his back so he develops a filthy southpaw slider...
I was totally playing his sweet voice in my head as I read that. So cute.
He is so funny, and I love hearing about your life! I LOVED the dog food video! Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment