Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Today!

Overall, today was your average Wednesday. But, some fun firsts happened...


Reid doesn't usually wake up during the night, but if he does, it is always difficult to get him back down. Last night he woke up multiple times and we always found him standing in his crib (of course). We fed him once and rocked him back to sleep 2 more times. The 4th time he woke up we gave up and both got out of bed...we needed to anyway. I got really frustrated. It's funny that when you have young babies and you know you will be getting up several times each night, it's not that big of a deal, but when the interruptions are not expected it's a totally different story. :) This morning Reid had a bump under his right eye. Over the course of the day it has turned into quite a shiner. Not too sure what that's about...

Lucy rarely cries when she wakes up, but this morning after her nap I heard her fussing. I walked in to find her standing in her crib. I'm pretty certain she was fussing b/c she didn't know how/was afraid to get down. She has been pulling up to her knees for a week or so, but until today, hadn't ventured to stand on her feet.






Lately, Hampton has been waking up dry from his naps. Today was no exception. I am so proud of his potty training! He tries really, really hard to wake up in the morning dry and gets so upset if he doesn't. Sweet boy!





Lucy crawled under the exercauser...and was so excited and proud. Even when she was afraid she may never get out, she was still all smiles.



While feeding the babies their dinner tonight, Reid was very, very sleepy. He started taking bites of Butternut Squash Bisque without opening his eyes. Eventually he was sound asleep in his highchair.
When Ben got home from work, we decided we should take the babies to the doctor to make sure they didn't have ear infections which might lead to another wrestless night of sleep. Reid was perfectly healthy, but our content little Lucy has her first ear infection. I would have put money on Reid over Lucy for sure.


Today was just another day in the life I absolutely LOVE.

0 comments: