Friday, January 15, 2010

We're Not in Texas Anymore!

On Christmas Eve, it snowed 4-6 inches here. So when we got back from TN, there was still a lot of snow on the ground and Hampton was dying to sled and make a snowman. It was so cold that there was absolutely no moisture in the snow, so it wouldn't stick together enough to make a snowman. We did sled down our very slightly inclined driveway a few times...enough to satisfy Hampton's craving. He got cold and gave up pretty quickly.

A few days into January, we got another 5-6 inches. It was still super, super cold for a week or two, again leaving us with non-sticking snow. Finally on Monday the temp climbed all the way to 32 degrees, which felt like a heatwave. I was convinced that I didn't even need a coat b/c it was so warm. Monday afternoon was the first time since we returned from TN that I could see the pavement on our street. Wednesday the temperature climbed all the way into the 40's which provided some major meltage :). Ben called from work to tell me that Hampton and I could finally make a great snowman; however, that would require missing nap, so I didn't even mention it to Hampton. For fear of all the snow melting, we made a snowman in the dark after dinner Wednesday evening. It was great. It was warm enough that I wore a cotton jacket and a scarf, and Hampton didn't get too cold too fast. We had a great time and Hampton was so proud of the snowman that he and Daddy made.



Reid was asleep, but Lucy watched from the kitchen window.

A face only the creator could love.

3 comments:

Sweetie said...

What fun memories!! and good to get some Hampton footage! Little Lucy will be out there soon. If Reid had been awake, I am certain that he would have been wanting out with the big boys.
I guess M&Ms melt in the snow not in your hands......

Candice said...

Love seeing all the video!

*Hampton looked so cute (and little)sledding.

*It made me laugh to see a neighbor peeking out windows while you were filming your snowman:).

*I can't believe what a mover Reid is now!

*And I know Lucy will be dancing around on her feet before we know it (seems like Ben likes that music too).

Anonymous said...

The best snowman I have ever seen!! I especially loved his edible mouth!!

The time will fly by and Lucy will be helping with the snow projects.
Reid will be knocking the snowman down....Maybe not!

So dear to us. Gran and Poppy