Friday, June 11, 2010

My Boys

I fully realize that I am a blog-slacker! Our world is a bit crazy right now and I can't seem to find time to catch up. Here is just a story I do not want to forget.
Yesterday as we were leaving to meet Julee and Carolina for lunch I opened the garage door and let the boys walk down the driveway while I buckled Lucy. As I reminded them to stay out of the street, I saw Hampton run in front of Reid to make sure he was safe. When I got Lucy buckled, I shouted for the boys to come get in the car. They were down the sidewalk a bit and I saw Hampton take Reid by the hand (at first, then by the wrist b/c Reid wanted to walk the other way) and lead him back to the car. I heard Hampton saying, "Reid, Mommy said to get in the car. We need to obey." As we were driving, the following conversation took place:
"Hampton I am so proud of you for protecting Reid and helping him make a good choice to obey."
"I was kinda like a super hero?"
"Yes you were. You protected your little brother."
"Why did I protect Reid?"
"Because you love him."
"Yeah, I do."

4 comments:

Jamie said...

precious!

Anonymous said...

So proud of him! He will always be a super hero to us.
Good job, Mom, for teaching our grand babies! You are a "super hero mom"


Sweetie and Pops

Anonymous said...

I love this story - thanks for sharing it. Having 2 sons, it brought back memories. We need lots more super heroes, so keep teaching 'em mommy! Judy F.

Shara said...

So sweet! Moments like that make all of the craziness worth it, don't they?