Wednesday, September 08, 2010

First Day of Pre-K

Hampton has been asking for weeks when school starts. He was super excited about his new classroom and new teachers and more than pumped to carry his new backpack. He didn't share much about the day, but was all smiles when we picked him up. He is on the second floor this year which is a guaranteed beating w/ two toddlers who slowly climb the stairs...and I can't put them in a stroller. His teachers seem great and his little friend Laney from last year is in his class. At the end of the year Laney said her favorite part of school was getting to hold Hampton's hand :). They're buddies so it should be fun. He is going 3 morning a week this year and is very excited! It will take me a bit to figure out how to use my time wisely since I need to pick Hampton up right in the middle of Lucy and Reid's usual nap time.
To the 2 of you who still read this blog...enjoy some recent pictures.
this first one is not the greatest, but just to show his height...

I couldn't get a good one of both Lucy and Ried, so here is an average picture of each...two are just harder to capture :).

10 comments:

marc and trisha said...

So excited that you posted some new pics of the kiddos. I was just thinking about you guys last night and how we miss you here in Texas.

I can't believe how grown up Hampton is!

Kim W. said...

Hey, count me as the 3rd reader of your blog! :) I love it and am always thrilled when I see you've made a new post. I can't believe how big the twins are, but also, Hampton! Goodness, they grow way too fast, don't they? Jake started Pre-K as well, and speaking of, are yall going to hold Hampton back an extra year or not? We are holding Jake back, but I know they are right on the border in terms of sending/holding back. Anyhow, oh, and I hear ya on the nap thing...Jake gets out at 3pm, and that is right in the middle of Jack and Jolee Kate's naps, too. Swell! :) Anyhow, hope yall are doing well. Keep the blogs coming! ;)

Macy said...

I still "read"....actually just come to look at pics. Can't believe how big the twins are! Hampton is just the most precious boy!! I love to see him grow.

MommaRu said...

thanks so much for the post!! They are getting so big. Lucy looks so much like Sweetie to me, pretty little lady. The boys are handsome as can be. Miss you guys.

Sorefam said...

Elizabeth...count me in as the 5th reader!! I still check your blog whenever I can, so keep up the updates! Hampton looks just like Ben...can't believe it...i just updated my blog with all of our 1st day of school pics (Wyatt is in kindergarten this year!! and sadie is in 3-yr preschool)....hope kansas city is treating you guys well. miss you

Judy Ferguson said...

Wow, can't believe how the twins have changed! Love Hampton's cool dude look and big-boy hair style! There's lots of us readers out here, we just don't all comment very often. Mama Ferg

Anonymous said...

Isn't it encouraging to know so many love and enjoy your sweet family. Oooh Hampton looks so big and is certainly growing but still just a little one. Lucy, I see, is recovering from her "car accident" and her lip is looking so much better. They are all so precious! What a blessed woman am I!
Love y'all more, Sweetie

Anonymous said...

Nice!! i can't believe the worm is going to school three times a week... so old. By the way, i think you need to post some video of The Worm on the soccer field with the Blue Dragons!

"That hurt my feelings"
-UD

Anonymous said...

I'm still here...big boy! Ready for Campbell and him to play some baseball in November!

Love,

Their favorite uncle...believe me, it's not the one who hasn't seen the inside of a barber shop in years!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy Hampton has such a great school. Reid and Lucy are so cute coming to pick up big brother. I remember those surroundings from when Madison and sisters went there.

Wow....seems like yesterday!

Precious to Gran and Poppy.

We are thankful. G