Friday, October 29, 2010

Sweet Big Brother

Lucy and Reid are very much at the "mine" stage of toddlerhood. They steal each others things, bicker over toys and hit/bite at the drop of a hat. Several times in the last week or so I have "caught" Hampton trying to help Lucy and Reid "work out their differences." In the sweetest voice he can find, he gently says, "Guys, my Bible verse tells us to be kind to each other." It doesn't stop the arguing, but it sure melts my heart.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! He truly has a heart of gold.... I cant imagine how proud you have to because as his new Aunt (hehe) I couldn't be more proud. So sweet to see the Lord write the Word on his heart and applying it to his life- What a great lesson to learn from his example... and so it begins.

Anonymous said...

Super memory. You can remind him of his words when he needs to hear them.

Lucy and Reid do have a sweet big brother who will bless them always.
God is good.

Hugs. Gran

Sweetie said...

Pure sweetness