Friday, October 29, 2010

Hampton's First Soccer Season

Hampton was beyond excited to start his official soccer season. That excitement quickly faded once he entered the first game. He said things like, "They won't share," "They're all too fast," "I don't like this" and "They're hurting my feelings"...all between MAJOR tears. This competative mom had to walk away from the whole situation to avoid humilating myself and my family. Thankfully, Kelly, Drew and Hilary were there to help.



Team Medals
Thankfully, we didn't have another outing like that. Each game improved and he even scored a goal in the last game. It was so much fun to see the excitement on his face...and Ben's!
Scoring his GOAL
So excited!

Proud Daddy!
Can you tell he's watching his shadow. He did that all the time!
Overall we walked away having a positive experience and excited for spring soccer. In fact, when I asked him what you're supposed to do in soccer (thinking he would say kick the ball int he goal), he quickly replied, "Have fun!" That he did!

4 comments:

Sorefam said...

Oh Elizabeth...he sounds a lot like Wyatt! We have had many tears over things but as we say, "We do hard things because they make us stronger". and I have had to hold back my competitive side quite a bit as well! so tough sometimes but also so rewarding when they persevere through their discomfort!

The Davidson Family said...

I love keeping up with you guys! I have a feeling Easton and Hampton are going to have alot in common. E already tells me at least once a day about something that has hurt his feelings. Hope to see you guys soon! Tiffany

Candice said...

Hampton is so cute in his jersey. He looks so big, and so small all at the same time :)! It is still so hard to grasp how much they all grow between times we are together.

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know the progression over the season. I am sure the parents enjoyed watching more and more and he had more fun.

I loved getting to see a game and of course, I thought he was the best player!!

Love. Gran