Monday, May 29, 2006

A new life




Being a new mom is wonderful. But somehow, I feel like I can't get anything done. I have to figure out a way to use the time between feedings effectively.

For those of you who may not know, my husband and I have been blessed with a new baby boy...Hampton Andrew. He was born 3 weeks early, due to my elevated blood pressure. After an 11 hour labor, he was born at only 5 pounds and 15 ounces, but was healthy. Toward the end of our time at the hospital, the doctors became concerned with his jaundice levels. He was put on a billibed (at home photo therapy) for a few days to help break down the bilirubin. We thought it looked like he was sleeping on a tanning bed. He is doing great now and growing like a champ. I am recovering well and enjoying every minute at home with my boys. I am one proud mom!!!!!

My brother Drew is living with us this summer while he has an internship with JE Dunn...a construction company. He is going to be a senior at Oklahoma State and truly amazes me with his spiritual maturity. Drew and my husband share many common interests (Xbox, golf, sports...), so I'm sure they will enjoy the company this summer...Hampton and I tend to be a little boring :).

The big boys are playing golf right now, Hampton is asleep, and I am putting off writing long overdue thank you notes. Sometimes, I wish there were another way to express my sincere gratitude.

Hampton on his "tanning bed".

A new family of three

Sunday afternoon boy's activities

Isn't he precious! I am so thankful for a happy healthy baby.

Already in training

6 comments:

Candice said...

I just commented on your first post, and then you updated on me! I have become addicted to blogging, both reading and posting. I'm pumped that you have a blog now so we can keep up with punkin. You're a cool mom (I still can't believe I'm calling you a mom...I love it!)!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

amen, exegesis! :) hahh,
I got the pictures and they are beautiful! ED, you look great! :)
I wanted to come see you this weekend, but due to viral tonsolitis and the wreckage/totalage of my car, things went differently. i'm finishing up my last week of school this week, so i'm going to call you next weekend to play. i have a gift for hampton...i...wish it were mine even though it's for a boy! i love you and am glad you are doing so good! yea for the blog!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hampton is such a beautiful little guy. I'm so happy for y'all. Please give me a call if you're ever traveling through Nashville! So good to see how well you're doing...and how blessed you are.

allyo said...

Dugan-
(Hope it is okay that I still call you that...I am still called Mav, and love the comfort of old frienships!) I was so shocked when I got your comment on our blog. I didn't realize that you were so close to having Hampton. He is so handsome!! I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Ben playing Xbox and holding Hampton at the same time! I can't wait for Camden to get her...everytime I see a newborn, I get more and more anxious! I need to get your email or number some how, so that we can catch up! Jay and I would love to come and visit the family (maybe we can bring dinner!!) You look wonderful, I hope I look as good as you do after Camden comes. We have a LOT of catching up to do! Miss you! Give Ben and Hampton a hug.

MAV

Candice said...

David said it looks like Ben is nursing Hampton in that picture. That sure gives you a little extra free time!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

ed, i'm waiting for you to return my phone call so i can come see you and hampton dangit!