Monday, June 12, 2006
It's about time
It has been quite some time since I have posted anything...sorry. We are all doing great and Hampton is growing like crazy and is well over 7 lbs now. He is staying awake more and has started to cry a lot more often than before. He hardly cried before he was 3 weeks old and only cries now when something is wrong. He has had pretty bad tummy aches lately and gets so worked up he turns all shades of red and purple. He wakes up to eat like clockwork...every 3 hours during the day, but sleeps one stretch between 4 and 6 hours at night. Not bad for being only a month old:) I feel like he is going to smile at any moment, but I know he has a while before that will actually happen. It is hard to imagine that if he had been born on his due date, he would only be 5 days old. At the same time, I can't believe he is already a month old. He is so much fun and truly a blessing to care for.
This past week Rosie, my husband's mom, came to visit. She hadn't seen Hampton since he was born. I enjoyed her visit and appreciated her help. I warned her that our life is not too exciting. We hang out at home, eat, and sleep. I'm sure she enjoyed just being with her grandbaby.
Last weekend, Hampton took his first trip to OKC to my parents house. My Aunt B and cousin Charles were there too. He met one of his greatgrandmothers, who thought he might be as precious as Cutie...her dog. I have to give her a little credit though...she says Cutie is the joy of her old age (my granddaddy passed away years ago and she lives alone now). Our trip was quick, but good. Now we are home until the big trip to Colorado for the wedding. It will be fun, but exhausting I'm sure.
We have been blessed greatly by friends and even some we didn't know before Hampton. We have had several dinners brought to us which has made things so much easier on me. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will add more pictures, but right now I'm having trouble :(
Posted by EDS at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Dugan-
I love the picutre...did you take it? It looks like the family is doing well! I still can't wait to meet Hampton;)
Mav
I did take the picture...it's Ben's favorite
LOVE THAT YOU CALL ME DUGAN!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment