Saturday, June 17, 2006

WOW



I cannot believe that Hampton is already 1 month old! Time has flown by since he was born, but at the same time...if feels like ages ago that we were unexpectedly informed that we weren't "leaving the hospital until we had a baby." He has been such fun for us both. Ben is a huge help and has even volunteered to give Hampton a bottle during a few weekend late night feedings. For the most part, Hampton is like an alarm clock during the day...eating every 3 hours, but at night I let him sleep until he wakes up hungry. He usually goes one stretch of about 5 hours (11pm to 4am). IF I go to bed right after his last feeding, I feel rested the next day...I tend to get a second wind about that time though and don't sleep the full 5 hours. Hampton is most definitely a night owl. He sleeps between all his feedings during they day, but doesn't sleep from about 5 to 11. Since Ben and I are both night owls, it works out well!

Friday was Hampton's first "month day." His eye has been red and weepy/watery. I have had a few eye irritations/infections lately, so I was concerned I had passed one to him. I took him to the doctor just to pay her $20 to tell me he had a clogged tear duct (aka your kid is fine you moron...pay me and go home). Emily and Kent came over to celebrate and even brought a cake...that said "Go Mavs."

They brought an awesome steak dinner for us which aparently turned into a boys slumber party...Emily and I got sucked into a little late night my space exploring!


During Hampton's evening play time, he loves the play mat that Cody gave him...lots of things to see and lots of bright colors! He has even started reaching out for some of the toys. Some times he gets a little sleepy though :)


This week Hampton got his first bottle from Uncle Drew, but we can't convince him to change a diaper yet. While feeding him, Drew was very concerned about getting any of that "milk" on his hands...I think he has the same fear as Ashley McCaleb. He did a great job and seems to have the hang of it (notice the remote and concentration on the World Cup). He is such a proud uncle...his first priority when he comes in from work is Hampton :). They are fun to watch together.


We have been concentrating on tummy time and strengthening those neck muscles, but he usually much prefers the swing that Jack and Mary gave him. Thanks guys!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth-

He is so precious. I am so excited for the both of you. It is so awesome to see old friends growing up =) WOW being a mommy! I saw your mom this weekend and gave her my number. I would love to talk if you get a break in between feedings and diapers! Love you.

Christa

Candice said...

Happy 1 month Hamp!!!

EDS said...

Hamp????? who's Hamp?

Candice said...

Oh...is that like a "Cans" or "Candy" to you:)?

EDS said...

Okay...I'll give you that one.

Anonymous said...

We loved the "big boy" 1 month pictures....can't believe a month has already passed.
Sorry about the Mavs...I was for them but acturally Wade outplayed everybody.
I guess it was worth $20 to put your mind at ease and to know how to clear the tear duct!! That's how I always rationalized...Love you 3.

Mere Ware said...

Elizabeth Dugan! What in the world? I randomly found your blog, I am not even 100% sure how I got here but here I am! What a sweet boy you have! Congratulations! I would love to hear from you...it's been a long time! I hope everything is going as well as it seems to be. You look awesome!

Meredith (Thomesen) Ware

Jonathan said...

Yo...I am looking at this thing too. Ben is always asleep! What a narcaleptic! The Hampster looks great. See you guys at a lunch real soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth-Christa gave me this website and I so enjoyed reading it and seeing Hampton! I will put this in my favorites so I can keep updated! Love, Cherie

Anonymous said...

Bissis,
Your baby looks so cute.