Yesterday was Hampton's 4 month check up. It was by far our most traumatic appointment yet. We didn't see our usually doctor, who is a lady, for some reason we saw a male doctor in her group. He was not nearly as gentle with my sweet baby. At one point I felt faint because I knew Hampton was hurting so badly....not to mention he had to get four shots. Aside from the trauma, Hampton is very healthy.
He now weighs 14 pound 9 ounces, which moves him up to the 50th percentile. He is 25 inches long and up from the 25th to the 50th percentile. But the big news...drum roll please...his head is 41 cm which leaves him in the 25th percentile. That's pretty impressive for a Stites :).
The doctor told us we could introduce rice ceral, so last night he had his first taste. He wasn't quite sure about the whole thing, but by the last 2 bites, he was opening for it. He did rub his mouth and then his eye though. This afternoon we tried again and it was a little smoothier. I'm just shooting for a few bites.
Ben and I are going to Las Vegas (I have never been) in October. So...we are leaving Hampton with my parents for FIVE DAYS. Needless to say, I'm a little anxious about that. I know it will be a great time for us and I'm sure it is needed more than I realize. However, I would appreciate any and all prayers.
By the way, we did have a disappointing night at our house on Saturday. Hampton's first Tennessee game was not a success...bummer.
He now weighs 14 pound 9 ounces, which moves him up to the 50th percentile. He is 25 inches long and up from the 25th to the 50th percentile. But the big news...drum roll please...his head is 41 cm which leaves him in the 25th percentile. That's pretty impressive for a Stites :).
The doctor told us we could introduce rice ceral, so last night he had his first taste. He wasn't quite sure about the whole thing, but by the last 2 bites, he was opening for it. He did rub his mouth and then his eye though. This afternoon we tried again and it was a little smoothier. I'm just shooting for a few bites.
Ben and I are going to Las Vegas (I have never been) in October. So...we are leaving Hampton with my parents for FIVE DAYS. Needless to say, I'm a little anxious about that. I know it will be a great time for us and I'm sure it is needed more than I realize. However, I would appreciate any and all prayers.
By the way, we did have a disappointing night at our house on Saturday. Hampton's first Tennessee game was not a success...bummer.

Daddy says this is one of the coolest parts of the game...
watching the Volunteers run through the "T".
Rice ceral...yummy, yummy
you can't see it, but it's all over his face
4 comments:
I love the pictures of Hampton watching the football game...way to cute! He is deinitely a Stites;) I can't wait to introduce Hampton and Camden...maybe they can spend Saturdays watching college football together. That is always my favorite way to spend Saturdays during football season!!
Does Hampton hang out in his Bumbo a lot? I just purchased one off ebay a couple of months ago. I didn't get the best deal, and I really don't use it much. I'm not sure why I decided on the third child that I needed ONE more piece of baby equipment, but I was pretty excited about it at the time. Anyway...Hampton looks cute sitting in his:).
He's such a cute little man sitting in his chair, watching tv!! :)
Since football watching is a big deal with everyone in our family, I'm glad Hampton is choosing Tennessee!! Now they just have to improve this year.
Love your blog; thanks for sharing these fun times. Gran and Poppy
Post a Comment