Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eight Weeks Old

My sweet babies are 8 weeks old today. It's hard to believe it was nearly 2 months ago that they joined our family. You would think that by now I would have it together, but I still feel like I'm treading water. From the time I wake up to the time I crash on my pillow, I am going pretty much non-stop, but at the end of the day, I have nothing to show for it. I have a list a mile long of things I need to accomplish, but none of it gets done. I remember feeling this way with Hampton and I have to remind myself that even though you see no evidence that I have been busy all day long, my kids are fed, loved, learning and happy. I just want my house to be picked up too!!! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything and I L-O-V-E my family. I'm just a little overwhelmed right this second. Enjoy some sweet pictures of Lucy and Reid. I am crazy about them!


LUCY JAMES


Reid Matthew



3 comments:

Katrina said...

welcome to the club of being overwhelmed :) I have a 7.5 month old and I am just now getting the hang of it...a little pathetic :) but you are right, I would not trade it for the world. I love your sweet babies.

Desi Brown said...

girl now why in the world do you think you should have it all together after only 8 weeks? Wish you had heard Jon & Pam McGee talk today. It was great confirmation to hear that physically these are the most exhausting times in our adult lives! Raising young ones is hard work! I dont understand why its so easy to forget that.
You have such an amazing attitude and I know at times it doesn't feel like it but you are knocking it out of the park. I'm amazed by you!!

Tara said...

Hey there! I really enjoyed meeting you a couple of weeks ago at Anne's and would like to follow your blog of your precious kiddos. Maybe we'll get to meet sometime soon again!