Friday, March 27, 2009

Bunny Ears

This kid cracks me up!
On our way home from dinner this evening, Hampton and I ran into Target to get a birthday present for his friend Carsen's party. On our way in, we stopped at the Dollar Spot to look for some fun stickers to add to her gift. Hampton quickly found these bunny ears. He looked at me and matter of factly said, "I need to put deese on to hop like a bunny." I helped him put them on and he proceeded to hop like a bunny all through the store. I was doubled over laughing because they kept falling off so he held them on. Everyone who saw him smiled or laughed too.
I let Hampton pick out some new art supplies for Carsen. We debated between some Color Wonder products and sidewalk paint. I wanted him to get her the Color Wonder stuff, but he insisted we get the paint. I have really enjoyed watching Hampton make decisions and stick with them. He is definitely becoming who he was created to be and I am so grateful to be a part of the Lord's plan for his sweet little life.
After we checked out at Target, he wanted to wear his bunny ears out to the car. Ben rolled his eyes when he saw Hampton's treat, b/c boys don't wear bunny ears :), but he too laughed to see Hampton's excitement. Hampton held his ears on the whole ride home and hopped into the house like a bunny. So much fun!!!
I am crazy about my precious family!!!

I guess his excitement faded more quickly than I thought it would. He will probably be excited about them agian in the morning. Night all!

2 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

So funny...we saw the same bunny ears and Ellie wanted them so badly. I may have to get her some if they were that much fun!

Dawn said...

This video was too cute! The little moments make all the difference! Looks like you are doing well, and the babies are beautiful!