Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Spring Rain

We had our first spring thunder storm last night. Imagine Hampton's delight when he got out of the car at BSF to see lots of worms in the parking lot. Now imagine his teachers surprise when he arrived at the door (before me) and proudly displayed his parking lot catch. He didn't want the worm to die, so we stored it in a cup of water in the stroller and then washed his hands before he entered the classroom. After BSF, we found a "home" for his worm (an empty wipe box) and some friends to keep him company from our own backyard. It was a battle to get him to eat lunch b/c he wanted to play w/ his worms so much. I'm sure we will add to our collection and have a worm box for quite a while.

This is the face he made when I asked him how excited he was about his worms.

Intrigued!

This is a terrible picture, but you can still see the saddness in his face...after some of his worms accidently went down the drain when he was "giving them a bath" in the bathroom sink.
I am so thankful that he loves nature and finds so much joy in the tiny things. I am excited to teach him how about the vast creativity and imagination of our Creator. This is going to be a fun spring!

1 comments:

Sweetie and Pops said...

Just precious! We can hardly wait for Camp Runamuck!! We will do some exploring and go on some adventures!