October is National Fire Prevention month. The Plano fire stations had an open house on Tuesday. Ben was out of town, so I called Jamie and Caleb to come with us. As Hampton was eating dinner, we watched fire truck videos on YouTube. He loved hearing the sirens and cried when I turned it off to leave. He acted like a fire truck all the way to the station.
When we got to the station, the firemen greeted us (we were the only ones there) with cookies. Hampton wanted nothing to do with cookies as soon as he saw the Ladder Truck in the bay. He took off running saying, "woooooo, wooooo." He was in awe! He was so overwhelmed he didn't know what to do with himself. I didn't realize how HUGE those trucks are...or how little Hampton is. The firemen let the boys climb inside and all over the truck. Hampton even let one of the firemen carry him around. They were so kind to the boys. After about 20 minutes, the truck had to go out on a call. That's when we discovered the lawn mower!

3 comments:
Thanks for the reminder! I loved seeing all the pictures and the sound effects. Can't wait to see you, Hampton! Love, Kelly
I love the videos of Hampton. He's at such a great age and things are so exciting for him and you (since he can now communicate!) Looks like you did some baby signing with him--that's awesome! It's so great to hear your voice--just takes me back to Kamp!
Wow! I loved hearing Gran....that usually comes later, for sure after Poppy!
That fire truck was huge and little inquisitive Hampton was soooo little.
You all had a great adventure. How much fun.
Love. Gran and Poppy
Post a Comment