We spent most of last week in San Antonio for Fiesta. My second cousin Meg was a duchess, which is apparently is a pretty big deal. The girls spend 10's of thousands on their dresses and have party after party during the 10 day celebration honoring the heroes of the Battle of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. The whole city is decorated and participates...who knew? We stayed with my mom's aunt and uncle, Moppy and Jack. They were very excited to see Hampton and had lots of treats for him...one of his favorites was sausage on a stick wrapped in a pancake (NASTY). He loved them though and I let him eat the whole thing. My grandmother was there also so she got to spend some time with Hampton which I'm sure she enjoyed. Hampton was very excited to Sweetie and Pops. He adores them both and I am so thankful for the time they are able to pour into his precious life.
We spent much of our time outside because Moppy and Jack's house is way too tempting for a toddler. We went to the park, drove through the water by the zoo (which H loved), went to the parade, threw acorns in the driveway, and jumped. I think the highlight for Hampton was riding the train with S and P. Sweetie and I told him on Thursday that we would ride the train when Pops got there. As I was putting him to bed Thursday night, he was squirming and didn't want me to put on his jammies. I told him that we needed to go to bed so that we could see Pops in the morning. His eyes got big, he grinned from ear to ear and said, "Pops...ride choo choo... yea." He sat still to get his jammies on and went straight to bed. He was so excited when Pops got him up the next morning. I love watching their relationship.

Walking to the parade

Watching with Sweetie

Watching intently and enjoying his new favorite...a BOX of raisins

The best seat in the house
Hampton likes flags and points out "Biiig flags and Beebee flags" everywhere.

Dancing to the drums with Mommy (the bump on his head is from falling down the stairs the first day there)

Meg on her float (the 3rd girl)
Grand Connie ~ Jack ~ Moppy ~ Alan
On our way home from the parade, we asked Hampton what his favorite part was. He has never had an answer to questions like this, but not this time. He excitedly announced that his favorite part was the "rums." He still tells you that the drums were his favorite part of the parade.

Watching the ducks with Sweetie and Pops

Whenever you squat to talk to H at his level, he copies you and squats too. Precious boy!

This boy loves water and anything related to it...he takes after Daddy who loves to watch sprinklers :)

After throwing acorns in the water with Pops, H spotted this duck and chased him yelling, "Hug...Hug duck."

Riding the TRAIN!

Hampton is still talking about riding the choo choo with Sweetie and Pops.
5 comments:
What a great weekend~ and a great family!
Ugh hampton is growing up so fast!!! Great Pics.
What a neat weekend. And those dresses...wow...who pays for those things? Wow! It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! We only have five weeks left of school and then we need to meet up again. We had a blast!
Well, thanks for the Fiesta explanation. I had no idea what all the Fiesta hype was about. I guess we'll have to join in on all the fun next year!!
Hampton is such a handsome boy!!
What a great parade to enjoy with Sweetie and Pops.
Loved seeing all of it.
Johnny and Rosie
Post a Comment