Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Big Number 2...part 2


We returned from The Farm on Thursday and drive to Sweetie and Pops'on Friday (Hampton's actual birthday). He was excited to go to their house to see the horses, ponies and Reba (my dad's mule). We didn't eat dinner until about 9, because we couldn't get Pops and Hampton to stop exploring outside. They were made to be buddies...they would much rather be outside than anywhere else! Saturday morning we met GiGi, Uncle Jerry, Julee, Carolina and Olivia for breakfast. Hampton was fascinated! He couldn't take his eyes off of them and was eager to share his stale cheerios with everyone. After breakfast we went home to P-L-A-Y and enjoy the absolutely beautiful weather. Daddy, Pops and Hampton walked across the creek to the pond to throw rocks and sticks into the water. Hampton (and Pops) loves to throw things in the water. The grass was taller than he is, but I don't think that slowed him down one bit.
Carolina and Olivia were great with Hampton. He drug them all over the place and they were ready to entertain him. We had a great dinner and a few heated rounds of horse shoes before our guests arrived.
watching Daddy pitch horse shoes
Olivia loved the puppies and wanted to take one home so badly!


We had a cowboy themed party for Hampton...it was really an excuse to visit with some of our close friends.

The whole Ashmore clan came as well as the Puckett family. It was fun to see Cody's bump and hear about her excitement to be a mom. It is weird to think of her as being a mom! We would have been due within 3 days of each other :(. I was a little emotional about it, and found myself wondering what my tummy would look like. I'm still holding. Hampton was very into his cake again and loved opening presents.



Sharing a lick with Cody

He would open a gift and name what was inside followed by yippee or wow. (I have video on our video camera, but don't know how to get it on the blog.) He got some really fun gifts...not that we needed any of them.
opening "Bad Dog, Marley" from Cody and Jeremy...he sleeps with Marley now :) This boy loves his animals!!!

Sunday we enjoyed lunch at Gigi's and some more fun with Jerry, Julee, Carolina and Olivia before they had to leave. Ben flew home on Sunday while H and I stayed until Tuesday. It was nice to spend a little extra time there. Sweetie made Hampton train and airplane shaped pancakes with blueberries and syrup...What a treat! At about 4 on Monday, H became very anxious for Pops to come home from work. He got there around 6 and they didn't come inside until dinner time. Heaven on earth... On our way out of town we enjoyed lunch with Janet at Bravo. It was delicious, to say the least. I ordered Hampton a kids pizza and they brought him raw dough, marinara and cheese. He played with the dough a bit and then I constructed what I thought was his pizza. We took it over to the brick oven where we watched it cook. Hampton was distraught when they took his pizza away, but then enjoyed watching the fire. When we returned to our table, they brought him another adult sized pizza...he didn't even touch it. Sweetie and I enjoyed a couple of pieces though. I love their idea and will return asap...wish they had one here.

SWEETIE AND POPS ARE THE BEST!!!

Thanks for such a fun weekend.

Hampton slept most of the drive home and then zoned into Cars...his new favorite movie (He watched the whole movie on the plane to TN...earphones and all and didn't move a muscle. Gotta love the portable dvd!). We were very excited to see Daddy who had dinner and flowers waiting. He is too good to us!

7 comments:

Kim W. said...

Yall are such a sweet little family...I always love seeing yall pictures. Very photogenic! :) Anyhow, glad Mr. Hampton had some great birthday celebrations this year! That-a-boy! Hope yall are doing well.

Sorefam said...

Wyatt LOVES the movie cars!!!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun---aren't grandparents the best?!?

allyo said...

Happy birthday Hampton! I love the picture of you three...very cute! Give the boys hugs from us.

Candice said...

Hampton is blessed to be surrounded by so many that love him. And who could resist that cute little face?!

stacy kazee said...

what a fun way to celebrate his birthday. very creative parties!! he looks like he enjoyed every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you blog, so we can remember such special times. I love you.

Ben

Anonymous said...

Carolina and Olivia are beautiful. It was fun to see them again. What a fun extended 2nd Birthday Hampton had.

You have given us a gift of seeing all the family activities. Thanks.

Gran and Poppy