Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby Update

I had yet another sonogram yesterday to check the growth of the babies. It's always fun to see the babies. They look very different from eachother and from their big brother. I am almost 25 weeks and have entered into the "every 2 week" stage. I will have a "growth sonogram" every 4 weeks and probably a quick sonogram on the off appointments. These will be well photographed babies even before they arrive. Here are the high points from the appointment.

*He weighs 1lb 5 oz and she weighs 1lb 3 oz

*They are both ahead of schedule and say they are due Feb. 8 instead of 11

*Her head is down and really low. Her body wraps around the left side of my tummy and her feet are up high. That's what I feel in my xiphoid process.

*His head is up...digging constantly into my right ribcage. I love it! His body wraps around the right side of my tummy and his feet and bottom are in his sisters face :).

*They both have lots of healthy looking fluid surrounding them. Yippee!

*No cleft lips.

*They are both very wiggly...most of the time...all the time.

*The tightness I feel is actually contractions (which are not "productive" ie not getting me any closer to labor, which is good right now!!!). Dr. H said he wouldn't be surprised if I was having 8-10 per day.

*I gained an overwhelming 10 POUNDS in the last 4 weeks. Dr. H told me last time that I would probably gain "a substantial amount of weight" between 20 and 24 weeks, but 10 lbs, really? He wasn't at all concerned and said it was all fluid weight. I am still under a total gain of 15 lbs.

*Baths are great and would be his first suggestion to relax a contracting uterus. Thank goodness, baths have become a nightly sanctuary :)...so relaxing. With our new master bathroom came an extra deep soaker tub. I can be almost completely under water. It's amazing how good it feels to be almost weightless :)

*New prenatals...not so expensive.

*Glucose test in 2 weeks.

*Got a note to freeze my gym membership. That will help the pocket book.

I think that pretty much covers it. Maybe I'll be brave and post a pic of myself. Everyone comments on how small I am to be 6 months with twins...I may look small, but I feel very pregnant. Thanks for the compliment :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

makes me cry just thinking about it! such a blessing, such a miracle!

much love to you and those precious babes,
chrys

allyo said...

great update! I love all the details. Can't wait to see a picture... really only 15 lbs. I might catch you before you even deliever. Love ya!

Kristen said...

Love the update! Sounds very famaliar. :) Can't believe you gained only 15 lbs. I gained 55 lbs when I delivered at 34 weeks. Went into the hospital at 33 and had gained 50. I am impressed with your weight gain. Lost all of mine--so glad! :)
Can't wait to hear their precious names and see their precious faces.
Twins are sooo fun!
I noticed you weren't on my blog list...send me an email and I will add you. I have a private blog...kmcooper129 at hotmail dot com. Enjoy the next few weeks...you don't have many to go. :)

stacy kazee said...

thanks for the updates - we love to hear them.

Macy said...

So sweet. I love to hear of them all curled up together. Can't wait to meet them...but not too soon. Keep up the good work Mommy.

The Davidson Family said...

Don't feel bad about the 10 lbs in 4 weeks. I gained 7 lbs in 1 week and I only had one baby in there! Sounds like you're doing great...wish I could see you! I'll have Matt take a picture this weekend. Can't wait until Feb! Love, Tiff

Jenny said...

So glad things are looking great with the babies. Praise God for a good report! I still can't believe you guys are having twins!