Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving, but it was pretty quiet. My doctor was not comfortable with me traveling this far along with twins (29 weeks), so we stayed home. Somewhat last minute, we decided to celebrate with another family who also didn't travel, the Saugier's. We really enjoyed having them over for Thanksgiving dinner and tackled several new things :). Ben and I prepared wassail, the turkey and gravy, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, mashed potatos and green beans. The Saugie's brought yummy spiced pears, corn casserole, and all the desserts. I had high hopes for my first turkey, but it cooked much faster than it was supposed to and ended up being done over an hour early. It wasn't perfect, but I must admit, pretty tasty considering. The sides were by far my favorite part, but they always are. I just eat the turkey, because that's what you are supposed to do :). Hampton and Carsen played well and enjoyed each other while Ben and I enjoyed some adult interaction. We haven't had many friends over lately for some reason. The Saugier's were too generous and kind to bring us "hostess" gifts. They gave Hampton a play-doh fun pack and brought us the super fun game Times Up...an absolute must in our game library. Hampton said he was thankful for Gran and Poppy, cars, the babies, Sweetie and Pops, and his cousins.

Preparing the turkey with Daddy...he was so excited to watch and help. Of course, I didn't get after pictures of any of the food...bummer.

On Wednesday, we had Caleb, Makaylee and Carsen over to make turkey shirts. They turned out really cute, but it was not my best appearance as a mommy. I got frustrated when Hampton tried to make a fist with a hand full of paint. Without reason, it turned out really cute.


Today, I got up early and went Christmas shopping. I didn't open the stores by any means, but got everything I set out to get and more and was home by 9:30...only to find Ben and Hampton still in bed :). Hampton and I made waffles for breakfast and took our time getting ready. Around noon, we headed to Bass Pro Shop. Hampton LOVED it. He was facinated by all the animals, putting green and guns in the arcade. After BPS, we enjoyed a great lunch at Cracker Barrel and headed home for naps. Ben and I said several times throughout the day, "This is so much fun."

We had a great day!!!
Random, I know...I just like to remember what things looked like :).

Tomorrow, Ben and Hampton are going to Abilene to watch an ACU football game. They are undefeated and playing extremely well...scored 93 points in a playoff game last weekend. I get to stay home and enjoy a day all by myself. I LOVE my boys, but I must admit, I'm really excited!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love fall decorations, and you had some great ones! Loved the pictures. But of course loved the pictures of Mr. Hampton. He is so cute. Hope you enjoy your "day off" tomorrow without the boys. ;) I remember thinking that very same thing -- and I still do think it from time to time -- I love them, but boy it is nice to just be home alone. Enjoy your day and take it easy. Not much longer! ;) Blessings on yall.

Katrina said...

We had SO much fun. It was just what we needed; you are a wonderful friend and hostess. I was so impressed with your table set up, your turkey, and your shirt idea. We are so thankful for ya'll.

Simon and I cannot wait to take you and Ben on in Time's Up. We will find a babysitter and plan a date??

kristen said...

Looks like lots of fun! Glad you are doing so well with the Twins!! Can't wait to hear names and meet twins. excited for you guys. I had someone tell me I was a twin makin' momma...compliment??? take care. Kristen Kedersha

Kristen said...

Love all the fall decorations! Also, LOVE the shirts! :) Yours turned out very cute. It is easier with big kids.
What a great weekend with your sweet family...enjoy all this time...it is about to get crazy with 5 of you. Still praying for your sweet babies, can't wait to hear names and see their nursery.
I know what it is like to not travel at holidays...it stinks at first, but when you see those precious babies...it will all be worth it.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and a blessing to experience fun and joy at home during this time. Everything looked great and the food preparation should have been on Rachel Ray!!

You all know how you were missed here but we are happy that you all had a great time there.

Love you 5. Gran and Poppy