My mom's aunt and uncle, Moppy and Jack, stopped by on their way from San Antonio to Canton today. They brought all kinds of goodies for all three kids. We enjoyed a good visit and they got to meet Lucy and Reid. Moppy and Jack visited when Hampton was about the same age. Moppy was kept saying that our house seemed much bigger than she remembered...then she realized the hardwoods made things seem much more open. We replaced our nasty carpet with hardwood floors just before Hampton became mobile. I was reminded of what a blessing this home has been and how thankful I am to have been able to make it our own. The Lord has blessed us greatly and often I take those blessings for granted. Lately the babies have been pretty fussy in the evenings...I think it must be gas, because Mylicon usually calms them down. We tried some Hylands homeopathic tablets last night and they did not work at all. After an amazing dinner of chicken and dumplings (thanks Ginger) Hampton and Ben went to Cameron's basketball game. I was a touch anxious about having 2 fussy babies all by myself, but thought it would be easier than two fussy babies and an energetic toddler :). After feeding the babies I put Lucy on her Boppy...she has been SO happy. Reid isn't usually as content on his Boppy, but Lucy seems to like it. She rested and made those sweet cooing noises. They have both started "talking" in the last few days. I love baby noises!!! I snuggled Reid until he started nodding off and then put him to bed. Lucy played and has just closed her precious little eyes. I thought she was too cute and couldn't resist pictures. Enjoy my sweet girl in her pretty pink ;)
Friday, February 27, 2009
Meeting Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
She is so precious, Elizabeth!
Way too sweet!!!!!
These pictures are too sweet- she is beautiful! Great job on all the feedings- I can't believe they have grown that much!
Okay so I just left yesterday and this makes me cry. I have been so blessed in my life to have Moppy and Jack. To think that they were so loving to you and Drew and now to your children. Just amazing.... God has been good to me. I already miss the babies and Hampton. I can't eat an orange without thinking "Did you know that oranges have belwy buttons?" Oh my little Sweetie Pie! By the way, he told me that when he gets big and plays baseball. I can't say "Catch that ball, Sweetie Pie" I have to say "Hit the ball, Ham'non." (I am sure that Ben is relieved to hear that!)
And has there ever been a cuter baby girl? at least in the last 28 years...
You are doing a great job loving your family and I am so proud of you.....but that doesn't mean that I don't expect you to need me once in awhile.
More
Oh,she is so beautiful! Those baby noises are precious!
Post a Comment