Thursday, January 08, 2009

35 Weeks and Counting

Sometimes I ask myself why God has been so good to us! I am 35 weeks now and have had very little restriction and no complications. The babies are growing and moving like crazy. I have reached the point of no return...if I go into labor now, there's no turning back. Dr. H has requested that I rest on my side as much as possible, but that makes my lower back and hips really hurt. I get really stiff and can hardly stand after lying down for very long. I am having contractions throughout the day and especially at night. They are growing more and more painful, but at my appt on Monday (3 days ago) I learned that those contractions are not doing anything. I'm not dilated at all. That's good news for the health of the babies, but not for my aching body. Dr.H reminded me how blessed this pregnancy has been and how thankful I should be for such an easy and healthy pregnancy. My prayer is that these babies come on their own before 38 weeks...join me! I didn't take many pictures of my growing tummy with Hampton and now I wish I had. So...here are a few, oh so embarassing, pics of my tummy now.

Hampton did not understand why I wasn't smiling for the picture, so he offered to smile for me. He is so excited to meet these babies. I hope he's still excited when they come home to STAY :).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic!

Yay for cutie Hampton - he's going to be a good big brother, I just know it!

Katrina said...

you have a wonderful, beautiful tummy! I cannot wait to see you tonight. I hope those babies make it to 37 weeks

Anonymous said...

You seriously couldn't look any cuter. Your belly is adorable and I cannot wait to meet those precious babies we have been praying for!

Love you, friend.
Chrys

kristen said...

You look fantastic. Hang in there, as uncomfortable as you are it will be worth no NICU and bringing them home with you. Praying for all to go well!

Kristen said...

You look fabulous!!! I can't believe you are doing so good at 35 weeks...God is watching over the 3 of you!!! YEs, I agree, it will be worth not having any NICU time. Ours did not go to the NICU...so blessed! Ours went to the general nursery for 1 1/2 weeks to grow.
Still praying for you...can't wait to hear their names!

allyo said...

You look amazing! I am pretty sure I am almost as big as you and I am only have one...and barely 18 weeks. I check daily to see if there is any news. I am so excited to meet the twins. You are all in our prayers. Come on 38weeks!

stacy kazee said...

beautiful belly!! aubren shares in hampton's excitement. she can't wait to meet lucy and dalmatian!!

Brianna said...

Elizabeth-
You look great! I am pretty sure my tummy was that big with just one! We are praying for your little ones and I echo the "no NICU" cheer after having had two of my little in there. I know it must make for long days- hang in there!

Allison said...

How CUTE are YOU? I am so excited for you all! I check in all the time! Cannot wait for the BIG ARRIVAL!! Not too much longer!

The Davidson Family said...

We are so excited to meet the newest cousins! We hope to see you guys soon. We will be praying for all of you! Love, Matt & Tiff