I am officially 34 weeks. Things are going well. I am having quite a few contractions and they are getting more and more painful. I have started to swell and am unable to rest enough to reduce the swelling. At our appointment 4 days ago, everything looked good. The babies still have plenty of fluid. Our baby girl weighed 4lbs 5oz and baby boy weighed 4lbs 7oz. They still have a lot of growing to do, so I need to make it as long as possible. Dr. H said that I really need to make it until at least 35 weeks. If I go into labor before then, I will be put into the hospital in order to stop labor. After 35 weeks, they will not stop labor. We are "being greedy" after 35 weeks...everyday is very valuable. He also said that, unless there are health concerns, they will not intervene at all until after 38 weeks. Based on the way things are going right now, he is confident that I will go into labor on my own before then. I am thinking they will come sometime between January 14th and 21st. My prayer and goal is that they will both be healthy and able to come home with us with no NICU time. We'll see...
Friday, January 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ahhh! So exciting! Can't wait to hear more. And I am so excited to hear names!! I hope yall are doing well and had a blessed holiday! Take care of you and your gang! :)
that is too real for me! I cannot believe that you will have two more babies at home soon. Miss you friend. I hope you had a great Christmas.
We are praying that with you!
YAY for 34 weeks! That is a HUGE milestone. Mine came then and there was NO nicu time...lots of prayers for you and your babies! Twins are so fun!
So excited for you and Ben!
you are such a stud mama! you have already made it farther than i did with either of my boys...and you have twins! i am sure you are exhausted and probably have days you would just like for them to be here...but i also know you are praising God for each day they stay inside-which equals better outcomes on the outside!
you are in my prayers...no doubt they will be beautiful babies, like their big brother...and they are blessed already with wonderful parents and families!
Thinking of you! I know how uncomfortable it is...I was 32 weeks a yr ago at this time and got put to bed-praise god. It was so much eaiser than trying to carry all that weight and pressure around.
We will continue to keep all of you guys in our prayers for a healthly pregnancy and birth.
Good job Mama!
Post a Comment