Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Breathing a Little Easier

We listed our house today. I can breath a little easier now and most of the work is done. I'm glad. I have worked ridiculously for the past few weeks and now, all I have to do is maintain. We are having an open house this weekend and a realtors luncheon on May 8th. I'm hoping we are under contract by then though. As thankful as I am that there is a sign in our yard, today is a sad day. This is our home...and we are leaving it. I am thankful that even though we are entering a new phase of life, we still have many memories to hold on to.
When Hampton left for MDO today, things were still in a state of disarray. We were mainly ready, but still had lots of paperwork and misc stuff to clean up. When we pulled up after school, there was an exciting sign in our yard. H had fun hitting it and watching it swing (it's a fancy sign). We played in the front yard and visited with Daddy for a few minutes before we walked inside. When he walked in, I noticed him looking around, seemingly in disbelief. I asked him, "What do you think?" He slowly replied, "Mommy...our...house...it...pretty." When Ben walked in the room Hampton looked at him and said, "Daddy, our house. It pretty."
Please laugh at the sweet story and don't let it be a reflection of my housekeeping :).
Here are a few pictures of the home we have truly enjoyed. I won't say we loved it, because I'm always telling Hampton that we don't love things, we love people! That said, I love and treasure the memories we have made here.


Oh Sweet Racquet Court :)

8 comments:

stacy kazee said...

it looks beautiful!!! so glad you can rest a little bit now!

Katrina said...

wow! I might buy it :)

Kim W. said...

Looks great! I hope yall sell fast! By the way, I love your living room rug! We are looking for one very similar to that, at least as far as I can tell from the picture. Where'd yall get it...if you remember? We are not having luck! Bummer! Hug the babies for us...all 3 of them! :)

Anonymous said...

it does look great...so many great memories there. love you.

emck

MommaRu said...

I'm proud of your hard work it really looks wonderful. I will be praying it sales quickly. Thinking back over the last 3 years, all i can say is this is rough. But God has great plans for us ahead. thanks sweet friend for the memories.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Hampton: "It pretty!" Loved having you all there but know God has a great future for you in Kansas City. Thanks for letting me come down and help you. You really did do a magnificent job!

Mom

kbs said...

The house looks great! I predict it will be snatched up quickly. By the way, Madison had your blog on yesterday showing one of her friends the Hampton videos. He is famous with Madison's friends.

Anonymous said...

I can see how the house sold. You did a great job with eye appeal.

That Racquet Court was a perfect place for Hampton, Lucy and Reid to be brought home to.

Love. Gran