Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Movin' Up...

...North that is. Ben was offered a promotion with in his company that requires that we move to Kansas City to work in the corporate office. We are frantically working to get our house on the market because we have already found a house there. By mid-summer, this will be our new home...
I'm still processing all of this, but here is an email I sent to some family...

Hey Girls,
I just thought I'd send you a link to some pics of our new house. We are in the option period now and are set to close the end of May. The sellers are going to rent it back from us until the end of June. So...we should be moving by then. We are a little anxious under the pressure of selling our house here. The last thing we want to do is pay 2 mortgages! I am really excited about the house and we have been amazingly blessed to be able to live in a home as nice as this one. That said, I am feeling really sad about leaving our life here. I love our life here...Watermark, our friends, Hampton's friends, J and A, Drew and even our neighbors. Last night as I was thinking about all the change that is about to take place, I got that homesick pit in my stomach. This is my home and I am sad to leave (crying as I type). I know there are open arms and lots of love to welcome us in KC, but change is always hard for me. Please, pray that we will continue to trust the LORD through this situation, that our house will sell quickly and for close to our asking price, and that we will all adjust well to these big changes.

Thank you for loving us and praying for us,
Elizabeth

Oh, how I dislike change!!!

7 comments:

Kim said...

:( for us...

But :) for yall!

I will be praying that yalls house sells quickly. And I will anxiously be awaiting to hear all about the blessings in store for this next phase in yalls life.

Gonna miss yall here, but if yall ever make it out to Abilene for a visit, yall know you are more than welcome!

Take care!

Brianna said...

We will be praying for your entire family during this process- I can't imagine doing all this with 3 little ones. Your attitude is preciuos and there will be open arms! And the house is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

Big big news! Change is hard, and moving is hard too. Your feelings are totally valid and understandable. I'll be praying that the move will go smoothly and that your house will sell quickly and easily. God has a good plan for you all!

annalee said...

hi there,
it's annalee (luttrell) mccord, and i went to acu with you.
i have enjoyed reading hampton's sweet stories and seeing adorable baby faces.
i hope the move and all the details go smoothly for you guys. my best friend and her husband live in kansas city and we love visiting them. it is a really great city! they attend a neat church there- redeemer fellowship, if you are needing ideas of places to visit. i hope kc feels like home soon.
God's richest blessings for y'all!

Kristen said...

praying that your move goes smoothly. Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love it. :)
Your babies are precious. May God bless you guys in KC! :)

annalee said...

hello again!
our friends are clay and kristin fulghum. i have a link to kristin on the sidebar of my blog or her email is kristinfulghum at gmail dot com. i told her y'all are headed to kc and she said to make sure and pass along her email and let you know they would be glad to meet up with y'all at church when you visit and introduce you to others too. or for dinner when you make the move. whatever would make the transition easier they are glad to do! hope it helps.
and if you are in roundtop definitely say hi! that would be fun.

Sorefam said...

Elizabeth~Just wanted to send you a word of encouragement. In our 7 years of marriage, we have lived in 4 different states and change has been a part of our life. I would love to talk to you about what you are going through, but know that the Lord will lead you through this. Excited for the upcoming change in your lives and will pray about the house situation!