Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Long Time Comin'

I realize that my blogging has taken a back seat lately...so far back that it's dragging behind the bumper like a bunch of "just married" cans. Life is different and crazy since we moved. Ben is working in an actual office, which means I don't have his help during the day like I was used to having. There are lots of days that the kids and I don't even go to the garage, much less drive somewhere in the car. We have so much more room in our new house though and I haven't gotten stir crazy yet. I have been planning meals and trying to grocery shop once a week. I have only been by myself with all 3 kids twice. The maiden voyage was to a Super Walmart 3 miles from our house that took me 45 minutes to find (more on that later). We dropped the car off at the lube where I found one lonely cart that managed to escape the round-up the night before. I put the baby carriers in the cart (one in the basket and one in the seat) and held Hampton's hand to the front of the store where we got one of the mega carts with the 2 extra toddler seats. So, I had Hampton in a toddler seat...strapped in of course...Lucy in the seat and Reid asleep in the basket. By the time I got to the check-out line, I was carrying Reid on one hip(really could have used my sling) and pushing a cart with 2 kids and a week's worth of groceries. You can really pack a bunch of food in and around kids; however, loading bagged groceries is a different story. I left Walmart (through the lube in the very back) pulling a cart full of kids and pushing a cart full of groceries...what a sight! Only by the Lord's grace I was not stressed until I hit the hot parking lot. For some reason heat dramatically tests my patience. The next day I was a bit wiser. I had learned my lesson and we tackled Costco...pushing the babies in the side-by-side stroller (super easy to steer w/ one hand) and pulling Hampton in a cart. I felt like I could have taken on the world...SUCCESS...and not nearly as hot outside:).
We are really enjoying our new life here in Kansas. The weather has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. The week we moved in it was super hot, high 90's, but since then we have not reached 90 degrees. The evenings are much cooler and it takes until about 11:30 for things to really get warm. It rains a lot more often than it did in Texas and the thunderstorms can be pretty intense. Thunder woke Hampton up for the first time and he "didn't like dat noise." Our evenings are pretty low key. We eat at home at least 5 nights a week and I try to have dinner ready around 6 o'clock. That gives us time for a walk or batting practice before the babies go to bed around 7 or 7:30.

This post is getting pretty lengthy, so I'll post some pictures of our arrival and then give updates on the kids in the next post.
Sydney~Hampton~Daddy on the road to Kansas
In Daddy's super cool "livry" truck

We finally made it!

Seeing our new house for the first time

Lucy in her new house

Daddy and Reid in the basement (I love the basement)
Hampton exploring and loving the stairs
I have been a bit overwhelmed by how far behind I am. I am really going to try to stay current while adding updates from the last 2 months. I have started with posts here, here and here. Many more to come!

3 comments:

Kim W. said...

Awww...I have wondered how yall have been! So good to get an updated post. I am sure your hands are busy. We are fixing to have 3 under 3 as well, and I don't see it being easy. :) Anyhow, so glad yall are doing so well, and I can't wait to hear more soon. The babies are PRECIOUS by the way. But, I think you know that. :) Have a great week.

Unknown said...

wow... you deserve a trophy any time you take the crew to any retail store.

My vote is that the next post be video of batting practice!

Miss y'all and yes it's still hot as all get out down here in Dallas.

drew

Anonymous said...

I am the one who is behind. I haven't seen the new house and you have been there since July...Boo Hoo.

Times like this is when the miles and time really Do make a difference.

See you soon.

Love. Gran