Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!!!

We were so thankful go have Gran here for Ben's birthday. It was her first visit to our new home and we had a great time. We missed Poppy though. We invited Kelly and David and their girls over for a dinner celebration. It wasn't a surprise, but we avoided telling Ben. He was excited to spend his special day with a yummy home cooked meal (roast w/ potatoes and carrots, spinach salad, green bean casserole, Sister Shubert rolls and applesauce...the applesauce was for the kids, but I noticed Ben enjoying a serving as well :)) September is the end of peach season, but we managed to find some good ones to make Cookeville Peach Pie...another of Ben's favorites. Hampton really enjoyed helping Gran make the pie. He is really into baking and helping in the kitchen. Ben's birthday gifts from us were VERY practical, white undershirts (something I f-i-n-a-l-l-y remembered to purchase, so I wrapped them as a joke) and a lawnmower. He acted really excited about both. Since we moved to KS, we have been paying Tyler to mow our yard. It was nice not to mess w/ the yard, but not so great paying him. Our mower was broken and I found this one for less than half price at an estate sale...and its only 3 years old and very well cared for! We love to beat the system :) I love to celebrate birthdays and while this year we didn't go all out, Ben enjoyed his day.

Helping Gran make Daddy's birthday pie.


One of my favorite parts of baking...surprisingly, fun for H, but not his favorite part. He just loved all of Gran's attention :)


Smashing the Ritz for the crust...why not with your feet?

He had so much fun and was so proud of making this surprise for his daddy!

THE PARTY




Who has this reaction to such a practical gift? I love this man!

Hampton and Daddy giving the new "toy" a test run. H loves to help Ben mow...or do anything for that matter.

WE LOVE YOU, DADDY!!!

And are so thankful you were born.

0 comments: