This past weekend I was able to spend some quality girl time with my favorite girls from Dallas. We met at my parent's and soaked up every minute away. We enjoyed a home cooked meal (thanks Mom!!!), dinner out, lots of talking, playing games, staying up late and sleeping in late too, sharing wedding stories, pictures and videos (I even tried on my wedding dress), and even some make-you-sore exercise. It was such a refreshing time, although I did come back very tired :). We missed Jamie terribly, but hope to all get together sometime soon. THANK YOU BEN FOR MAKING THIS WEEKEND POSSIBLE BY KEEPING OUR PRECIOUS KIDDOS. YOU ARE THE VERY BEST!!!
Words cannot express how thankful I am for these friends! When we lived in Texas, I knew they were special friends that I loved spending time with, but it wasn't until we moved away that I realized what an unbelievable blessing they were to me and my family. We were intentional to sharpen each other to become more Godly women, more loving wives and better mommies. As I look back on my time with them, I am amazed at how successfully we did in fact sharpen each other. I need these women in my life! I realize that these relationships were built over 3+ years and that I must be patient in developing them here, but I am in need of authentic, sharpening friendships.
Thank you girls for loving me through my faults and for taking time to meet me in Oklahoma! You are the best friends I could ever hope for.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Refreshment
After a relaxing, adult weekend, I came home to 3 wonderful children and a gracious husband. It was great to get away, but great to get home! While I was gone, Lucy decided she would try to start keeping up with Reid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am a little confused by the wedding dress?? Guessing that was part of the fun. Looks beautiful though.
You have been truly blessed. I am praying that you find friends like these in KC. Confident that you will. Just gotta find your own identity in a church, searching out couples your age and stage of life..... just like you did at Watermark.
You girls are welcome here anytime!
So glad you had that time with friends! And I am super impressed with how well the wedding dress looks on you. Mine is sealed in a box, so I am thankful that I can't even attempt to try it out and end up feeling rather discouraged :).
Way to go,Lucy! It is hard to believe they are so big!
Post a Comment